Summer is in full swing, and that means pool days, beach trips, and good ole barbecues. Grilling is a simple way to eat healthy while not sacrificing flavor. People often have the misconception that eating healthy is very costly. But it doesn’t have to be! All of the ingredients below can be picked up anywhere. This recipe makes about four servings.
This Grilled Italian Stuffed Chicken is great for so many reasons. Not only is it packed with flavor, it is low in carbs, fat, and calories. The chicken and spinach make this tasty dish flourish with protein. By grilling the chicken, it gets a nice texture and flavor you just can’t beat. It does not take long to prepare, so you have more time to sit by the pool or just hang out with your friends and family. Try pairing this dish with a salad and a big glass of lemonade.
- 4 chicken breast
- 4 roasted red pepper strips
- Around 20-25 spinach leaves (the more the merrier)
- 4 sticks of string cheese
- Light Italian Dressing
- Set grill to medium heat
- Butterfly the chicken (cut horizontal for more surface area)
- Place spinach in the middle of the chicken
- Lay roasted pepper and string cheese on the spinach
- Roll and place toothpicks on each end to hold everything together
- Cover the chicken in Italian dressing
- Grill for five minutes, then flip. The chicken should have a nice, slightly charred look to it for maximum flavor
Tah-dah! You now have a healthy, tasty summer dish that will have everyone begging for more. Bon Appetit!