Don’t go into National Ravioli Day unprepared! Ravioli, while simple to make, can be taken to the next level with the right kind of sauce. Sure, you could just order some of our pre-made sauce in a jar and get away with it, but if you want to make this dish a special one, make it from scratch. Marinara sauce is one of Italy’s oldest and most loved creations. Marinara sauce recipes vary greatly depending on who makes them, but they all have a couple things in common. For starters, all marinara sauces have tomatoes, herbs, usually garlic, and some sort of added liquid like water, chicken broth, or a vinegar and water mixture. It’s a savory and flavorful masterpiece that is a staple in Italian cooking. All of the ingredients you will need to make this recipe, and for pre-made raviolis check out Max Delivery. Click Here to order now!
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Add Italian tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper into a blender or food processor. Blend until uniform.
- Sauté the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes in a medium skillet. Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine.
- Allow sauce to cook on low for 30 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
Home cooking isn’t as bad as it sounds. Many people get discouraged after their first botched recipe. Keep trying, the results are worthwhile, and if you haven’t before, try to make this sauce at home. It’s one of those things that you can tell how much better it is if you haven’t tried it homemade! The flavor of the herbs, garlic, and tomatoes cooked fresh together in the same pot is truly remarkable. Don’t disappoint on National Ravioli Day, do it the right way, and take your meal to the next level.